Die Lagemeldungen zu den Luftangriffen in Syrien sind am heutigen Freitag zunächst noch unvollständig: Im Gegensatz zu den vergangenen Tagen hat das russische Verteidigungsministerium bislang keinen Bericht (jedenfalls nicht auf English) veröffentlicht.
Meldungen aus Russland gibt’s allerdings schon: das russische Militär kündigte den Ausbau eines zentralen Stützpunkts in Syrien an, wie die Moscow Times berichtet:
Russia’s Defense Ministry is planning to create a single unified military base in Syria, a member of the General Staff said Friday. (…)
Russia’s operations in Syria have so far been conducted using two bases along the Syrian coast — a small naval station at Tartus through which supplies are funneled, and a larger military and air base near Latakia some 90 kilometers to the north, from which air raids are launched. Russian commanders are now looking to create “a single base, which would include sea, air and land components,” said Colonel-General Andrey Kartapolov in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper published Friday.
Die Lagemeldung der US-geführten Operation Inherent Resolve liegt bereits vor:
October 16, 2015
Release # 201510016-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 15, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted three strikes using remotely piloted and fighter aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 21 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, ground-attack, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Aleppo, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Washiyah, one strike struck an ISIL improvised explosive device cluster.
• Near Mar’a, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Al Huwayjah, one strike destroyed an ISIL vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED).
• Near Bayji, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and damaged an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL tunnel.
• Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun, three ISIL fighting positions, and suppressed an ISIL rocket position.
• Near Qayyarah, two strikes destroyed two separate ISIL VBIED facilities.
• Near Ramadi, seven strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL mortar position, seven ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL improvised explosive device cluster, four ISIL vehicles, two ISIL tactical vehicles, an ISIL supply pile, two ISIL boats, and breached two ISIL obstacles and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, one strike destroyed 11 ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Tal Afar, three strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles, 49 ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL cache, and wounded an ISIL fighter.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.
(Foto: Screenshot aus einem Video des russischen Verteidigungsministeriums; Su-34 beim Abwurf von KAB-500S über Raqqa/Syrien am 9.10.2015)