Heute mit Verspätung, aber für die Übersicht und fürs Archiv: Die Lagemeldungen Russlands und der US-geführten Operation Inherent Resolve zu den Luftangriffen in Syrien am 15. Oktober.
Die russische Lagemeldung (in der englischsprachigen Originalfassung):
In the course of the last 24 hours, the Russian aviation group in Syria has continued conducting pinpoint airstrikes against ISIS facilities on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic.
The Russian aircraft performed 33 combat sorties from Hmeymim airbase engaging 32 ISIS infrastructural facilities in the Idlib, Hama, Damascus, Aleppo and Deir ez-Zor provinces.
The flight intensity of the Russian Aerospace Forces has decreased.
This is caused by transformation of contact line as a result of offensive operations carried out by the Syrian Armed Forces.
The militants are retreating and trying to equip new positioning areas and change the ammunition, armament and materiel supply logistical system.
The Russian reconnaissance means are registering these changes. The processing and analyzing of data received by both Russian reconnaissance means and Informational Centre in Baghdad is also carried out.
The intensity of reconnaissance flights of aviation and UAVs is certainly increased in order to check and confirm the received data.
In the Eastern Guta region (Damascus province), a fortified fire position of Osa AA missile system, which had been captured by the militants, was destroyed by a Su-34 bomber. Strike with KAB-500 guided bomb caused elimination of concrete fortifications, which used to shelter the AA system. The air defence missile system was eliminated.
Su-24M bombers hit a two-storey building, which the ISIS militants had used as command centre (Aleppo province). As a result, the target was destroyed by a direct hit of an air bomb.
Near Al-Atarib, Idlib province, Su-25 attack aircraft carried out strike against underground plant manufacturing high-explosive mines. The militants produced the mines in order to plant them at the highways of the region. The detonation of the explosives caused destruction of the target.
During reconnaissance operation near Khan Shaykhun (Hama province), the aviation detected a strong point with a hidden terrorist artillery battery.
It is worth mentioning that the artillery positions equipped in compliance with strict engineering rules is the evidence of presence of well-trained professionals among the ISIS terrorists.
After reconnaissance check, Su-34 and Su-25 aircraft carried out a sudden group strike against the targets. Fortifications, six artillery guns and four off-road vehicles equipped with mortars were eliminated by the strike.
In the mountain area of Damascus province, air reconnaissance means detected a hidden base of the terrorists. There were three armored vehicles and eight off-road cars equipped with large-caliber machine guns and mortars.
Two Su-25 aircraft hit the base and eliminated military vehicles, ammunition and fuel depots.
After task performance, all the Russian aircraft sucessfully returned to the Hmeymim airbase.
Die Lagemeldung der Operation Inherent Resolve:
October 15, 2015
Release # 201510015-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 14, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted eight strikes using remotely piloted and fighter aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 17 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, ground-attack, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Bab, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles, an ISIL tactical vehicle, and damaged an ISIL excavator.
• Near Al Hawl, two strikes destroyed an ISIL crude oil collection point and an ISIL oil pump.
• Near Ar Raqqah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Manbij, one strike destroyed an ISIL artillery piece.
• Near Tal Jibbin , one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Washiyah, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL tactical vehicle, and an ISIL artillery piece.
• Near Al Baghdadi, three strikes destroyed an ISIL weapons cache and denied ISIL access to tactical terrain.
• Near Al Huwayjah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Bayji, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL home-made explosives cache.
• Near Habbaniyah, one strike destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Hit, one strike destroyed an ISIL excavator.
• Near Kisik, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Ramadi, four strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun position, an ISIL mortar position, an ISIL fighting position, and two ISIL tactical vehicles.
• Near Sinjar, four strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed 21 ISIL fighting positions and five ISIL staging areas.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.
(Foto: Screenshot aus einem Video des russischen Verteidigungsministeriums; Su-34 beim Abwurf von KAB-500C über Raqqa/Syrien am 9.10.2015)